Mobile Community Recycling Service
The Mobile Community Recycling Service is available to residents of Cumberland Council and City of Parramatta Council. The service aims to provide an easy and convenient way for residents to recycle or safely dispose of household problem wastes including gas bottles, fire extinguishers, paint, batteries, oils, fluoro lights and smoke detectors.
Please watch the video to learn more;
To be eligible to participate in this program you must:
- Be a current resident of Cumberland Council and City of Parramatta Council.
- Ensure only materials listed are placed out for collection. No other waste will be collected.
- Place materials out the night before your collection date.
- Materials must be placed on your property within your front boundary, in an accessible area
(e.g. not behind locked gates, no unrestrained pets).
- Only domestic quantities will be accepted 20Kg or 20L maximum container size.
- All items are to be secured, leaking or damaged containers will not be collected.
Please note: By participating in this program you indemnify and release each participating Council and the NSW EPA from, and each Council and the NSW EPA will not be liable for, any claims, liability, action, proceedings, loss or damages resulting from your participation in the Mobile Community Recycling Service to the extent permitted by law.
The Mobile Community Recycling Service is part of the Community Recycling Centre program and is an initiative of the Cumberland Council and City of Parramatta Council.
This project is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the Waste Levy.
More information about the NSW EPA Community Recycling Centre Program can be found at: www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres