FAQ 2020-01-23T02:26:29+11:00

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Do my items get collected if it is raining?
    YES, your items will still be collected if it is raining or inclement weather. Please ensure all containers are sealed. No leaking tins or containers will accepted.
  2. Is there a fee for this service?
    NO, this is a free service for all households in the Cumberland Council, Blacktown City Council and City of Parramatta Council local government areas.
  3. Is there a limit to the amount I can place out?
    YES, only household quantities are accepted. This includes up to 20kg or 20Litres maximum container size and up to 12 containers per booking.
  4. Where do I place the items for collection?
    Place items next to your front gate or driveway. Items must remain on your property and be easily accessible for them to be collected. Please put all small items into bags or boxes.
  5. How do I dispose of other unwanted materials?
    Please click here for other options to dispose of common household wastes.
  6. How many collections can I book in each year?
    There is a limit of 5 collections per household, each year.
  7. Who can I contact if I have any questions about what I can put out for collection?
    Please contact your local participating Council.
Cumberland Council 8757 9000
Blacktown City Council 9839 6000
City of Parramatta 9806 5050